Enter the magic kingdom of managing your WordPress site, the dashboard, where you pop the hood of your blog and touch the engine.
Of course the most important thing to know is where the hood release is.
How to Access Your Dashboard
As often it goes with technology, you have a few different options to do the same thing. The easiest route to your dashboard is via your Reclaim Hosting cpanel:
- Log in to your Reclaim Client area.
- Follow the top menu link for cpanel
- Under Applications, follow the link for My Apps
- Look for the entry for your wordpress blog; use the second link (it ends in
/wp-admin) in the list to open your Dashboard.
If you do not mind entering passwords (better use password manager software), a more direct route is to use the URL that displays your blog, e.g.
http://reflecting.extandlabs.ca and append it with
/wp-admin or directly
Here you can log directly into your WordPress Dashboard.
Either way, you should end up inside something that looks as warm and friendly as this:
The tools you will use often are on the left side. You go to see the site by hovering over the name of your blog in the top menu bar (next to the icon of the home), and select Visit Site from the item on the menu below the blog. When your blog loads, notice the top black menu bar stays visible. This offers access to tools only you see as owner of the site.
Under the name of your blog (in the same place), Select Visit Dashboard to pop the hood and return to the inside of your site’s engine.
As you use your blog you will do these steps so many times they should become instinctual.
In the next section we will enter a few settings for your site. Don’t worry, you will be blogging soon.
- Logging into WordPress (Reclaim Hosting Documentation)
- How to Find Your WordPress Login URL (WordPress Beginner’s Guide)
- Entering the Mystery Land of the WordPress Dashboard
- Adjusting a Few Key Settings
- Organizing Your Site With Categories and Tags